An operations director is a pivotal role at the heart of a business. The operations director oversees all operational aspects of company strategy, helps set strategic goals and is responsible for the flow of operations information to the chief executive and the board.
- Contribute to corporate strategy in the areas of production, purchase, distribution and supply chain to ensure that the company achieves its short and long-term objectives.
- Direct and oversee operations staff to ensure that they are motivated and trained to carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that core operational functions achieve their business objectives.
Knowledge skills and experience required
- A degree or equivalent and relevant professional qualifications
- Extensive operations management experience
- Significant industry experience
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles eg, supply chain, customer service etc