A Business Intelligence Analyst has a diverse scope of duties and responsibilities depending on the nature of the organization. However, the primary duty of the Business Intelligence Analyst is to transform data into insight that can help to improve the value of the business. Other duties and responsibilities of a Business Intelligence Analyst within a company include:
- Developing and managing business intelligence solutions for the organization
- Providing reports through office applications to improve business processes
- Collaborating with team members for the purpose of collecting data and executing the company’s mission
- Analyzing business requirements and processes and recommending them to the management and executives for implementation
- Creating and maintaining documentation that includes the design, requirements, and user manuals for the organization
- Identifying the development needs for the purpose of streamlining and improving the operations of the organization for efficiency and profitability.